Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Query for the AWBG

As I'm still in catch-up-but-nearly-there mode, I think I'll make my initial post here as a sort of question which has been nagging me for a while. I've been trying to keep up on podcasts -- especially those at ITunesU -- which have to do with the ancient world somehow. But what I haven't been able to find (and am starting to think it doesn't exist) is some 'metathing' which tells when something has been added to ITU. For example, I have just come across a lecture by Garrett Fagan on social dynamics at the Roman games and it doesn't show up, e.g., when one types 'ancient rome' in ITunes searchbox. It does show up if one types 'roman', however. Of course, there are plenty of podcasts which have rss feeds outside of ITunes, but an awful lot of ITunesU university courses don't. This is something I would find annoying if I didn't have this nagging feeling that I'm missing something obvious.

So ... how are other Ancient World Bloggers keeping up with podcasts from ITunesU? And have folks found an intuitive way to actually link to them at ITunes?

No comments: